Latches are vital features on many equipment assemblies and systems that can be used for a wide range of commercial and industrial products to provide access, security, and flexibility. When choosing what is best for your project, it is critical to consider the size, shape, and material of the latches. Electronic Fasteners, located in Canton, MA, has a comprehensive inventory of latches that can be used for virtually any application.
There are many different types of latches available that are made from a variety of materials such as:
- Stainless steel
Depending on the application, latches can either be general-purpose or have high reliability. General-purpose latches are typically used for indoor applications where there is no worry of corrosion or harsh conditions. On the other hand, high-reliability latches are designed for harsh environments where they will be exposed to corrosive or abrasive atmospheres. When choosing latches, it is vital to keep the weather and conditions in mind.
There are many different styles of latches that can be used for a variety of applications. The product that is right for you depends on the size and weight of the door or panel, as well as how frequently it will be used. Common types of latches include:
- Rotary: A type of latch that uses a knob or handles to rotate the bolt into or out of the strike.
- Swell: A type of latch that is used for doors that open in or out.
- Push-to-close: A type of latch that does not require a handle or knob, and is often used on cabinets.
- Hasp: A type of latch that is used to secure a door or lid with a padlock.
- By choosing the latch or hinge that is best suited for your application, you can ensure that your door or panel will function properly.
When choosing the correct latches for your construction project consider Electronic Fasteners. With a wide selection of high-quality latches and hinges in stock, we are sure to have the right product for your needs. We are dedicated to getting you the right piece for the job quickly so you can reliably finish your project on time. Visit our website to explore our catalog or contact us directly to learn more about our latches inventory and how we can help you with your next construction project.